Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Visits?

Hey, Iam thinking of starting home visits in my setting especially in the baby room. I was wondering has anyone got any ideas of what questions to ask? benefits of home visits? or what to take with you on a home visit? x

I do home visits for children entering the nursery (3 and 4 year olds). I always take someone else with me, usually the nursery nurse. We take some toys from nursery with us and then these are available for the childrens first session. I tend to talk to the parents and the nursery nurse tends to interact with the child. I originally went with something to fill in, but it has evolved that I just have a list of prompts for me and take notes as necessary. Each visit is different. I really enjoy them and they provide you with a wealth of information.

Elfy

x

I used to love doing home visits, very useful for starting the building up of parent relationships. :o

Mine were preschool age and I used to 'talk' through the reistration form, permission form etc ( example in resource library) and prior to or during the visit give out a questionairre for the parent to complete, which was also discussed.

see attached.

can't take credit for all the questions as I adapted it from examples from here.

Peggy

HOME_VISIT_INTERVIEW_SHEET.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)