Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Indoor Climbing Frames

Hi,

Another daft question, I'm afraid, but as our HLTA covers PE for me, and is not trained in teaching gymnastics, she is not allowed to use the climbing frame in her lessons according to the risk assessment, even if there is additional support with her in the lesson xD .

I was hoping to build in a regular timeslot to allow our YR children to explore the climbing frame in small groups (there are only 10 of them in total) whilst I am doing a focused session with the older Y1/2 children in class. During that session, although I'll have 30 children in total, I will have the luxury of 3 support staff. Our head is unsure about allowing the children on the frame without a teacher present, and thinks she has read somewhere that they can't use it, but I can't find any guidance on this. If we restrict the height they can access, make sure mats are in place, and have very small groups, surely it's no different to allowing children access to the outdoor areas and outdoor play equipment? Is there any guidance on this. It seems a real pity to have this lovely new frame and not allow the children to use it.

Tracy :o

I know that this was the case when I was doing my teacher training and wasn't allowed sole responsibility for any form of P.E, I always had to have a teacher with me. Our T.A's are nto allowed that responsibility either. I have never seen this in print so would be keen to hear what others have to say and indeed if anyone knows where it is printed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)