Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reading

Hi Can i just ask what sort off observation you would get if you had a stepping stone 'beginning to gain an understanding of significant parts of a story, e.g beginning, middle, end' how would you know this?

I would have thought "Once Upon a time" would be a good start, "and they all lived happily ever after" and a bit of a story line for the middle bit would be OK.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree again!

Hi SImcity

I would agree - an observation that shows an understanding of how a story is started and then carries on - so it has a beginning with once upon a time or by introducing characters - i.e. there was a king and queen and then they did such and such and then they fought the dragon and lived in a tree forever!!

That kind of thing!!

:o

perhaps read a story and then ask questions,so what happened at the beginning of the story? what happened next? or how did the story begin? was it a happy or sad story? what happened at the end of the story?

Hi Andreamay

Asking the children about stories that are familiar to themselves, how does the story begin - what happens next?, what chracters are there in the book? How does the story end?

blue kangaroo etc

Our children enjoy telling the story themselves and show that they are familiar with story layouts

Hope it helps

Claire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)