Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation, Planning And Assessment Eyfs Training

Went today for the EYFS observation, planning and assessment training today and must say it was very uplifting and reassuring. All the planning was explained and inline with what we are doing at my setting. Long Term planning was explained, and doing it month on month to ensure balance and breadth is ok.

As long as you can show your planning is from observations, next steps are planned for, there is a balance between adult led and child initiated (they did say that the more child initiated the better) and parents were informed and involed then everything will be ok.

the long term plan is based on the aspects of each area of learning, they suggested for instance in Sept because alot of children are new and we have had a long summer break, aim to cover

PSED-Making relationships and behaviour and self control-then choose development matters statements to plan around the children's different ages etc

and so on and so forth for each of the six areas. Once the children are being observed again then you can look at what areas need covering for the first time, which areas need consolidating and which areas need revisiting, its purely to ensure that the curriculumn is balanced and all areas are being covered.

They did stress not to pre fill a long term plan for a whole year as there is no way of predicting what aspects within each curriculum area will need covering more than others.

Hope this makes sense

I have just bought the book, Supporting Every childs learning across the EYFS,

Vicky Hutchin

Finding it very useful, very easy reading

Cupcake, you are very lucky to have had such a course run for you!! Which LA are you with??! :o

The long term plan sounds really interesting. Don't suppose you a copy you may be able to share do you? xD

Cupcake, you are very lucky to have had such a course run for you!! Which LA are you with??! :o

The long term plan sounds really interesting. Don't suppose you a copy you may be able to share do you? xD

Hi Shiny,

I am with Somerset County Council Local Authority. Will have a go at uploading the long term plan tonight.

I'm with Somerset too but apparently most of the courses are over subscribed I'm booked onto the course in Sept but am a bit scared that there will be too many people wanting to attend.

Would love to see any info Cupcake.

Where are you based?

Hi Shelley,

Yes the course was over subscribed, so we went to a presentation offered in Langport somerset, I am based in Nether Stowey nr Bridgwater Somerset. Will put all info on later tonight, wont be until after 9pm.

Hi Cupcake

Looking forward to seeing the long term plan. We haven't sorted our planning out yet.

Anita

Hi, I am in Somerset too ! I'm afraid had the same trouble as Shelley I couidn't get on the course either and I'm in the south somerset area. Unfortunately I'm leaving child care at the end of the summer so I don't suppose it matters anymore ! I was just interested and curious to know how the EYFS was going to effect any paper work we are already doing, also I might change my mind about my career !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)