Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Review Announced

Marion

Can't believe this. It just makes you want to bang your head against the wall. I guess we should be pleased that Ms Hughes is sort of listening but for some reason it makes me feel a little frustrated.... Surely announcing a review of something that hasn't even come into force yet just reeks of short-sightedness and not listening in the first place.

"There is no testing in the EYFS, and no requirement for excessive paperwork. The only statutory requirement to write anything down is that a single document, the Early Years Foundation Stage Profile, must be completed in the year the child turns five, and submitted to the local authority. This is not an onerous document, and for the vast majority of children will be completed by teachers in school reception classes."

Sorry but had to copy that it was taken from the Editor's notes. Does make you laugh when it says no requirement for excessive paperwork!!!!!!

maybe my staff are doing it wrong then but we certainly have alot of paperwork, whether it's excessive is a matter of opinion I surpose

I totally agree with you, Steph. Our staff must be doing it all wrong too. We can no longer carry our paper work around.

Is anybody out there managing with less than that? If so- how are you doing it?

I picked up on that one Steph and had to laugh. 281 stepping stones per child and with 78 in my nursery that I am responsible for makes about 21,000 stepping stones, well if that's not excessive paperwork I don't know what is!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)