Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Planning And Timetables

Hi, does anyone have a copy of their daily/weekly timetable they could share with me? I teach Reception in a one-form entry school and we don't have a nursery so I'm doing it all alone, and really struggling to fit everything in! Also, I know there's a lot of information on planning on here already, but if anyone has a copy of some Reception planning based on the new EYFS I could have a look at that would be great. It's hard without a nursery, as I feel it's me versus the rest of the school and the National Curriculum, I'm the only one doing something different! Anyway, if anyone does have anything they could share that would be great

Thanks

In my ideal world I wouldn't have a timetable - just PE hall times and assembly, however I have a head who wants them for every year group (he likes to know what we are doing!) and I am working opposite someone who possibly wouldn't know what she was doing without!!!

I am hopefully attaching ours for this term (it does change termly based upon the needs of the children) Hope it helps.

I would like to add throughout the day we have free flow access to the outdooor area and the timetable runs alongside continouus provision in all the areas of curriculum.

Sharon

Sunshine_Class_Timetable.doc

Edited by Sharon

I dont have a copy of mine on my home computer so will attach it on mon when back at work - however i have just had a look at sharons and we work very much the same way. Hope this helps

That's really interesting to see! How many children are in your class Sharon and what is the situation with TAS / other adults etc? Its fascinating to see how different settings organise things! I'd put my timetable on here but it's a mess. :o This looks a lot better! Is there any problem with your maths subject leader not having maths every day?

There are two reception Classes, with 60 children and for this term two full time TA's so we have one adult outside, one in each classroom and one in a shared base. (except PE and ICT days)

Not all adults are doing adult initiated activities at any one time so there is lots of opportunities to support child initiated learning.

I tend to do a numeracy activity on the carpet each day it just isn't timetabled, getting ready for lunch or snack times etc. Usually a game on IWB or some mental starter activities. However Numeracy co oerdinator has never questioned. I have a numeracy area set up with different interactive stuff each week connected to our main objective for children to access should they wish.

Sharon

There are two reception Classes, with 60 children and for this term two full time TA's so we have one adult outside, one in each classroom and one in a shared base. (except PE and ICT days)

Not all adults are doing adult initiated activities at any one time so there is lots of opportunities to support child initiated learning.

I tend to do a numeracy activity on the carpet each day it just isn't timetabled, getting ready for lunch or snack times etc. Usually a game on IWB or some mental starter activities. However Numeracy co oerdinator has never questioned. I have a numeracy area set up with different interactive stuff each week connected to our main objective for children to access should they wish.

Sharon

Sorry to be an idiot, but can I just get it clear in my head? Do you manage to work with all 30 children in your class on a focus / adult directed activity for KUW each Tuesday afternoon? I try this but I always find loads of time is lost swapping groups over.

Yes! Depending upon on the activity there may be another adult working with both classes outside so grenerally we have always managed it. If not we just re-jig and pick it up over the next day.

We do flexible with a capital F

Love Sharon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)