Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activity Bag Ideas/story Sacks

I am thinking of making some activity bags for parents to borrow but does anyone have any good ideas of things that have worked well? I was thinking of all the obvious traditional tales and rhymes with accompanying puppets etc, but also some games or other fun things just to encourage the parent and child to enjoy quality time together

Guest Wolfie

Featherstone Education do a set of books all about activities to do at home - In the Bathroom, In the Kitchen, etc. - they've got great ideas fro simple activities that you could maybe provide the resources for. Also included are laminated activity sheets for each activity that you could include in the bag.

I went to an Enabling Environments couse on Saturday and they came up with some ideas for outside bags as well around the theme of weather e.g. a windy day bag would contain things like bubbles and streamers, windmills etc. Also minibeast bag have been popular this week with our children, it has minibeast maks and outfits, minibeasts, books on minibeasts and little collection bags, magnifying glass etc in it.

I can also recommend Ikea who do the perfect size bags for £1 each.

We are hoping to develop these in as many areas as possible as a) they allow us to store things easier especially for outside activities and b)allows us to immediately meet the interests of a child.

Of course we could also share these with parents at a later stage as well.

Thanks everyone. Biccy - I can't seem to get that link to work and it tells me the thread has been moved or deleted :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)