Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs And Sef

I understood that OFSTED were bringing out a new, in-depth Self-Evaluation form to go with the new- style Inspections. Does anyone know if this is out yet? I'm asking because we are due to review our current one before the end of term & I'm not sure how to do it. If the new one isn't available yet I guess I'll carry on as before; it just feels a little weird when just about everything else has been revised for EYFS.

I believe OFSTED produced a draft which was piloted and I have read somewhere that a final version should be ready come june/july but not entirely sure.

As a LA we are going to provide briefing sessions and support around this so it may be worth contacting you early years team to see if they have any information for you.

Paula

Went to a briefing last night for various things and the new SEF was one of them. It will be available to complete on line, if you so wish, from July

I went to a Forum last night with Ofsted and they said the online SEF will be available from July. They said that they will be looking at these prior to inspections.

Well if it's not in time for me I think we'll just use the one our LEA produced; it is at least in line with EYFS and I can always say we are switching to the OFSTED one next time round.

Thanks for that everyone. I guess we must just 'watch this space!'