Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Unicef Day For Change

Next week we are holding a day with the theme of water for the event of Unicef day for change. We need to decide what we would like to do and the children in school are going to choose which teacher and activities they would like to do. Each teacher has to think of an activity that they can differentiate for Early years, KS1 and KS2. So having only taught Reception for most of my teaching career I am starting to panic. Any ideas would be much appreciated particulalry any stories about the theme of water?

When we cover water I usually start off with 2 bottles of water one clean one dirty (put some soil in it and shake it up) I pass the bootles round the circle for inspection and they discuss what they see then I ask which would you rather drink? and why? This opens a discussion on some people having to walk many miles to get clean water and we practice walking with cushions on our head (good for balance)

We also do a frieze on what water is used for.

andrea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)