Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Of Childrens Centre Teacher

I have an interview in two days and must do a ten min presentation on the role of a c c teacher, any advice on the main points I should include?Such short notice and now quite worried!! :o

I have an interview in two days and must do a ten min presentation on the role of a c c teacher, any advice on the main points I should include?Such short notice and now quite worried!! :o

Think there has been past posts about this,, have you tried doing a search??

Hi, I recently had an interview for a similar post and had to do a presentation. I found lots of good advice from previous posts on here. I also talked about supporting childminders in my interview and talked a lot about building relationships! Have you looked on the Surestart website? Also talked about where I work now and aspects of my present schools wrap around care and Every Child Matters!

Hi Punky, and welcome to the forum xD

I was a children's centre teacher for a year and here are the most important bits of advice I can give you! :o

1) Developing a team is crucial, and determining your relationships with all members of the management team, nursery team, admin team, etc. Everyone needs to know what their roles are!

2) Modelling excellent practice to your nursery colleagues. Try to be on the "shop floor" as much as possible.....sometimes the paperwork and management stuff threaten to take over, but remember you are there for the children and your role is to improve practice as much as you can.

3) Supporting your colleagues who are less qualified and experienced, gaining their trust and helping them achieve job satisfaction through help, advice and praise.

4) Building relationships with parents, and again, modelling your professional practice so that colleagues can learn from you. Get colleagues to talk to parents about the LEARNING rather than "X has had a lovely time in the sandpit!" (although this type of comment does have its place occasionally!)

Good luck with the interview, and let us know how it went.

The contract was for one year: the CC nursery had failed its Ofsted, and as I had worked for the County advisory team and was known to the organisation who ran the CC, I was offered the job of improving practice and getting through the next Ofsted! I run my own nursery too, so we agreed a one year contract would suit both of us.

• 1 month later...

Hi, would just like to know what terms and conditions people teaching in CC are on. If you are on teachers pay and conditions are any TLR's attached. Just about to start negotiations with my own LA so an interested to find out. :oxD:( :( :(

Hi and thanks to Wolfie for responding to my query about pay and conditions. Are you part of the Leadership team of the Centre? If so, it isn't really a main scale post, is it?

:oxD:( :( :( :wacko:

Guest Wolfie

Hi! No, I'm not part of the leadership team at the Centre, mainly because the whole CCT role/post/line management issue has been very poorly thought out in our authority, there has been no strategic planning at authority level....I didn't get a job description until I had been in post for 12 months! :o I do feel though that my job SHOULDN'T be mainscale - I certainly have plent of responsibility and "do" a lot of leadership!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)