Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Progress Record By Sound Learning

I have received a leaflet from Sound Learning selling ready made packs of Entry Records, Initial child profile, group planning and progress record with a CD-rom for the EYFS.

Before I send off for it I thought I'd see if anyone has used it and if so do you recommend it and what did Ofsted think?

I used them years ago and they went very in-depth. they covered every little things in the Early Learning Goals when we first started them. the assessments were then about 30 pages long. If they have shortened them then they were good, but again be prepared on how long them could be. Ask if they can send you a sample before you actually order them, that way you've lost nothing in looking

Steph

i brought them when i took over as we had no records of children,( they really helped the staff that were struggling with new changes to get to grips with where we were trying to get to with obs, planning for each child etc.) i like them and we use them by sticking obs notes onto the pages or activities and photos alongside the relevant page we invested in the 30-50 months and then brought younger one obviously depends on your age range of children as to what you need. i would personally recommend them but they are indepth and you need to do alot of printing to form a profile for each child to begin with.

Thanks every one for your replies.

Yes, Shiny. That is the web site. You need a magnifying glass to read the example on the leaflet they sent me.

I think you are right debatwrittle, they could help staff to understand what each "development matters" means in practice by giving you an example.

It seems to have about 32 pages per child but I think you can buy 10 ready made progress records for £8.00 (so 80p per child)

They have sections for each Aspect and include all the "development matters" and "what to look out for" with space to make notes etc and the Early Learning Goals as listed in the EYFS.

I just wish Ofsted would have a list of recommended progress records so we could be sure we were doing things right regardless of the inspector you get, because it seems they all have different opinions of what is acceptable.

i did show my OFSTED inspector when she came in October and although they were very new to us and we had only just started to use them for the children she seemed impressed with them, my planning adviser who i have got to know very well!!! also thinks they are very good as a basis for all staff and children :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)