Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Initiated Ratio

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could confirm the child initiated:adult led/initiated ratio for reception. Am I right in thinking: Aut term 60%CI and 40%AL/AI, spr term 50%-50%, sum term 40%-60%??? and what about nursery?

thanks all

Jo :o

Have just been on a course today where this was discussed. There's no statutory ratio or recommendation, just a balance as Marion says. Apparently they are working on it / thinking about it but nothing specific at the moment. The important thing is to recognise the importance of child-led when you take into account the principles and commitments of the EYFS and plan accordingly.

Assessment guidance is separate from the activity guidance.

EYFS states "All the areas must be delivered through planned, purposeful play, with a balance of adult-led and child-initiated activities." http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site...rning/index.htm

The NAA assessment guidance says that 80% of evidence should be from the CI activities and only 20% from the Adult led.

Hi

Just been on an observation and assessment course and to an Early years Cluster meeting. From what I understand there is no set ratio.

However, it is expected that children should have more CI time at the beginning of reception year to help them to adjust (70%/30% was mentioned) and that the summer term should have a more adult led nalance to prepare them for Y1, which seems to make sense. It does depend on your children and their needs. Hope this doesn't add to confusion!

Moo

Thank you all,

I was led to believe that too moo, I had the figures 60-40 aut term, 50-50spr and leading to 40-60 not sure where from (something I read somewhere and stored away, of course could have totally dreamt it!!!)

Jo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)