Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

London

Please can you help us?????

At school we have reshuffled our topics and created some new themes!!! Our Year 2 teacher is going to be studying London as one of her geography based themes, does anyone know where she can get any information, plans or resources for it as she has no idea where to start!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oxD:(

Dawn

I used to teach comparisons between our home town of Blackpool and London when I was in Year 1. I got a load of resources from Tourist information. I think I emailed them and sent letters too with SAE's to a few of the offices in and around London. If you know anyone going to London, get them to buy some you postcards to use as pictures. There are also video postcards for sale. Im now in reception so dont need them anymore. I'll have a look thru my stuff because I may have still have them and they are yours if you want them. Although I have a feeling I have left them in the year group. I can probably get the plans too if they are of any use? kel x

I taught this as a topic in Y2. Have got some planning somewhere. Will have a look.

Barnaby Bear visits London on one of the video packs. Also did the Great Fire, compared to our village, this year Y2 went on a trip too. We made a big map and found out about different landmarks for making information leaflets. Googlemaps now makes it really easy to look at the town and identifythe features using overhead photos.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)