Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Austrailia

Hi,

In my school next week we are having a countries week the country that was given to me was austrailia, we are able to go completely off curriculum for the whole week, have ideas for learning about the great barrier reef, aboriginies and their art work and cooking any other ideas would be use especially from those people who have done something similiar.

ta

Maariya

Hi,

I work in a pre-school setting and last term our themes were countries, I planned for Australia, Some activities included Kangeroos, koalas, decorating card boomerangs, A Group Barrier Reef collarge... - Looks wonderfull.....

The sand tray had shells in for a beach...... We turned the home corner into an airport and bought small cases for the children to pack clothing items in for their holiday...

Great fun was had by all.....

Hi Maariya, I did all about Australia in the autumn term when we had international week. I have attached my planning for that week- it's not very detailed but should hopefully give you some good ideas. x

Weekly_plan7_edited.doc

Hi

How about the fact that there seasons are opposite to us, so on christmas day its really sunny and hot!

don't forget the music......I used to have a digeridoo at preschool, great fun, and also how about giving all the chilren a peice of hardboard to bend like Rolf Harris used to. A wobbly board band ! :o

Peggy

post-3604-1212787066_thumb.jpg

post-3604-1212787430_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)