Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children's Centre Teacher

surfer

Hi Wolfie - can you link me back to where you originlly posted please? Or give me a few pointers?

I was thinking of using my job description as a starting point but I want to make it more interesting than just reading al ist of things out.

Did you do a power point?

Guest Wolfie

Hi - I don't think I ever posted my actual presentation on here and, like you, can't find the original thread.

Yes, I did do a Powerpoint which I'll try and upload - I used a combination of my job description and material from a Marion Dowling course that I'd been on about the role of the CCT.

Not all of the slides might make sense to you so feel free to ask questions!

The_role_of_the_teacher.ppt

Thanks Wolfie - I take it that on the "a bit about me" you talked about your own career path etc. I thought about doing "a day in the life of..." and showing some photos etc of the groups and activities that i am involved in. ( Is that what you did in "what do i do all day?")

Guest Wolfie

Yes exactly right - I felt that it was important to explain what I personally brought to the role of CCT, as I think this role is really what you make it, as a result of what you bring to it. And in "What do I do all day", I tried to give a flavour of a "typical" day if there is such a thing!

I tried to inject a little bit of light heartedness and humour into the presentation or it could have been very dry! "What do I do all day?" enabled me to do that, as I had asked my children what they thought I did and had some funny comments to add! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Thank you Wolfie, i too need to do a presentation on what my role is to the SMT of the attached school at some point this term. your presentatin has given me an idea of how to start

It looks great thank you for sharing.

Harshy

Thanks Wolfie - that was handy to read. Do you work very much with parents? In what capacity? Do you run any groups within the centre or are you mainly working with settings? Thanks

Guest Wolfie

My main priority is the full daycare setting within the Centre - there are no other PVI settings within our area for me to support at the moment!

Apart from that I do help with running sessions for parents (and children) in the Centre - a Peeps group, a baby signing group and have done parent workshops in the past. I also dip in and out of groups like Bumps N Babes, Tots to Toddlers etc. but that's an area that needs developing further. At the moment, my big project is heading up a huge revision and co-ordination of policies so that we've got a comprehensive set that covers policy and practice in all groups across the Centre, whatever the group, insetad of having different sets for different groups....it's going to take a long time!

Another area that I've hardly touched yet is home visits - our Family Support team take the lead on that at the moment but I'm aware that it's something I need to become more involved in.

And the other big project this term is a Transitions project, working with the two schools that children and families move into from our Centre - we're putting on three sessions for parents to help them and their child prepare for the move. However, having led and co-ordinated the whole project, I'm now going to miss them because I'm on jury service!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)