Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Doctor Who

Hi all, some of my children, especially the boys, are interested in Doctor Who. Have already done space (when i could have encorporated it) Does anyone have any ideas or sites?

Thanks as alway

Jo

x

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head (mind you haven't watched it since the first time around!!!.......yrs ago :( )

Travel, concept of time travel - Where would you go, what past event would you like to travel back to, imagine a future event to go to. - (depict using art & design)

Lots of Design & Technology - model making touch screens, controls / buttons / switches etc.

Dalek sounds ( comb & tissue paper :oxD )

Aliens.

Ask the children to describe / make up a particular story line using the characters, sequence events, what happens next etc

Tardis role play area, what resources would they have in it.

Have fun

Peggy

We made a giant tardis out of a american freezer box, children decorated (painted it Navy blue) added a control panel inside etc, then we placed it in the homecorner, great succes...

i don't know if they do one for Dr Who but we had a little boy who adored Teenage ninja turtles, he never seemed to explore the book corner and didn't engage with an adult when a story was being read, that was untill i discovered the comic dedicated to the turtles!! we now have a selection of comics for the children to explore it's amazing how many more boys are taking an interest in the book corner!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)