Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Race For Life

apple

Hello all

I've been part of this online community for so long that it is like a family! And just like families that stick together I am asking you for your support. On Wednesday 25th June I will be running my first Cancer Research 'Race for Life'.

Now I am sure that many of you have friends or relatives that may be doing the same and I am sure that you may have already sponsored them- but if you haven't I am kindly asking if you wouldn't mind sponsoring me- just a pound will help.

I am running the race as I lost my mum to cancer last year and anyone that has been affected by it will know how hard and how much the charity does in order to find cures for all types of cancers.

It will be a year next Wednesday that mum passed away. She never once complained never once got angry she was so dignified and brave that I really want to be able to do something positive for her and all the other people I know that have been affected by the disease.

So if you can help please visit my online donation page at

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/lisakillelay

and if not, thanking for taking the time to read this

love Apple

I think this is the first year in many that I haven't been approached by anyone so have gladly donated. So sorry about your mum - my thoughts will be with you this coming week.

Have already sponsored others.

Do enjoy the day. I have completed two race for lifes and it is just fantastic. The atmosphere is great and sooooooo emotional. xD

Your eyes well up just reading peoples backs and why they are running. Your mum would be proud of you! :o

My niece ran it last year for the first time and she cried as she came along to the finishing line and finished and she was only 17!

Let us know how well you got on.

Thanks Brenda for your message of support- gosh I dont know how I will get through if you say it is going to be so emotional... I guess you are right though. I have just ordered my tshirt that I have printed with mums photo on the back. I'll let you know how I get on

apple