Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mathematical Development Activities......moderation!

Guest moodia

Guest moodia

Hello,

Anyone have any good ideas for assessing stepping stone 8 in the FSP for all three mathematical development areas?

we are being moderated next month and i'm having a hard time getting to grips with those points! (my first year in reception)

any ideas for assesment activities welcome!

Moodia

Hello,

Anyone have any good ideas for assessing stepping stone 8 in the FSP for all three mathematical development areas?

we are being moderated next month and i'm having a hard time getting to grips with those points! (my first year in reception)

any ideas for assesment activities welcome!

Moodia

maybe look @ the EYFS problem solving etc. for Sept of this year - some good advice that we all have in-place

toadie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

If you look in the profile folder it mentions that point 8 can be assessed through the activities detailed in 'Mathematical Activities for the Foundation stage'. It's a 2002 booklet from the National Numeracy Strategy.

I googled it and downloaded the booklet. There are some nice ideas in it. Hope that is helpful.

Becs

:o

wow ive jut googled that booklet.. its amazing! thanks so much! wonder if they'd send a hard copy because its quite long?? hmmmm

Guest Keen

You may find you have a copy of this in school it came in a box - we call it a dfes suitcase!! and there is a video and a mathematical development book for the nursery also. Look on your resource shelves and also ask you maths co-ordinator and the HT!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)