Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can You Help?!

Hi!

I wonder if anyone can help - I am currently studying for the Foundation Degree in Early Years and work in a school nursery. We have been asked to write a short researched piece (only 1500 words) about anything we choose relating to an aspect of Early Years education, but I am having real trouble in selecting a topic that isn't too broad! My thoughts have ranged from the benefits of outdoor play / the outdoor curriculum, to the recent topic of the FS Profile results.

I have to be able to back up the topic with relevant evidence. If anyone has any ideas of a suitable topic I would be so grateful - I am starting to panic as I want to be able to enjoy some of the summer break without having to be glued to my laptop for the whole 6 weeks!!!

Thank you in advance x

How about "inclusion" it seems to be a hot topic at the moment. Or another one is "creativity" getting away from the idea that creativity is limited to art/craft, music activities and needs to have a tangible result.

I have just done an assignment on how we facilitate childrens learning in the areas of Maths and Communication, Language and Literacy including how we enable their creativity in these areas.

Trouble is both are fairly broad so maybe not much help really!! :o

I'll have another think! :D

Thanks so much for your ideas, Geraldine :)

I'm glad you can appreciate my problem in that the majority of topics seem to be so broad!

Also what about the transition to reception from nursery?

I find this difficult as a reception class teacher, and all the nurseries working differerntly, and not knowing where to pitch the lessons for a while.

The amount of adult help is reduced greatly from nursery to school and the foundation stage is still expected to be followed in the same manner? You could look at the results achieved once the children start school, is it just age related or are they hindered with the few adults?

Good luck.

Ali

PS Creativity is a good buzz word to focus on as suggested in other post.

• 8 months later...
Hi!

I wonder if anyone can help - I am currently studying for the Foundation Degree in Early Years and work in a school nursery.  We have been asked to write a short researched piece (only 1500 words) about anything we choose relating to an aspect of Early Years education, but I am having real trouble in selecting a topic that isn't too broad!  My thoughts have ranged from the benefits of outdoor play / the outdoor curriculum, to the recent topic of the FS Profile results.

I have to be able to back up the topic with relevant evidence.  If anyone has any ideas of a suitable topic I would be so grateful - I am starting to panic as I want to be able to enjoy some of the summer break without having to be glued to my laptop for the whole 6 weeks!!!

Thank you in advance x

12083[/snapback]

Hi Sugarplum

Well in 29 days I will have finished my degree in Childhood Studies it seems to have taken ages.

Any way why don't you consider doing difference between boys and girls learning in Early Years.

Good Luck

Carolann :D