Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pocket Pc

We currently use the Target Tracker system of recording at school in our reception classes and have heard about the "Pocket PC" which takes photos, can be written on, takes sound clips etc and can then be plugged into computer so that its all inputted onto target tacker... wondered if anyone is using them and if they are as great as they sound?! I'm sure I have seen this mentioned on here already but I can't seem to find the discussion!

Can't find the info at the mo, but we had a demo from the company. It looked fantastic - was a mobile phone, attached to Simms so you access home phone numbers if problems occured while out on a trip, takes short video clips. Take photos, annotate on computer and then select children from the list and info added directly to their folder, in the correct area of learning. Think it would take a bit of getting used to, but did look worth the effort. Unfortunately it cost just over £1000. I mentioned it to our head, but haven't heard anything since!!!

Will try to find the info - house a tip at the moment with moderation files, assessment files etc. :o Might find it as I tidy up over half term.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ya

We use Target Tracker at our school. It's nice to find someone else using it because we are the only ones in our area.

We are suppose to be getting the hand held units, think we were waiting for a decision on which units to buy. They look fab and hopefully will save us time, especially because at moderation I was told we should have video evidence aswell as all the other types!

Becs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)