Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation

Hi

There are plans to mix nursery and reception with 2 teachers and two nursery nurses

I have a few questions Im hoping someone will be able to help.

How do you cope with nursery going home and reception still working on as they are full time?

How do you cope with Reception children eating in the classroom at lunch time while nursery children are coming in?

How many staff do you have in total for example 30 reception children full time 26 part time nursery morning and afternoon? and also with the possiblity of reception numbers going up ?

How do you allocate children within the setting? Key worker groups

Thankyou for any help given

Ive never known Reception children eating in the classroom.Ours go for there lunch into the dining room where the rest of the school eat.They all start going to the toilet and getting ready for lunch when the part timers go at 11.30 Ours go for lunch at 11.40, year 1s go at 11.50 ,years 2 at 11.55 and the juniors start going in at 12.There are lots of tables in the hall and the children all get on fine.

They then play out in the infant playground and come back into the unit at 12.55 thus having there 1hr and 15 mins for lunch.The nursery children start at 12 .50 and are usually all in before the reception children come back into the unit.

We just share out children eg so many part timers, try to get equal numbers of boy/girls and then its ongoing as regard keyworkers.

All the year groups in the school eat in their classroom and I can see that this may be a problem in september as we will need to have enough tables for them to eat on within the classroom. also if they havent finished tiding up the room ater they have eaten how are we going to set up for the afternoon. Lots to think about.

Thanks for your help :o

How do you cope with nursery going home and reception still working on as they are full time? ~

My reception children have their lunch when nursery children go home.

How do you cope with Reception children eating in the classroom at lunch time while nursery children are coming in? ~

Like MARYS our reception children eat in the dining hall so we do not have a problem.

How many staff do you have in total for example 30 reception children full time 26 part time nursery morning and afternoon? and also with the possiblity of reception numbers going up ? ~

We have 30 reception children (1 teacher & 1NN) and 26 nursery children per session (1 teacher & 1NN) if reception increased to 30+ in theory it would mean the school should employ a 2nd reception teacher.

How do you allocate children within the setting? Key worker groups ~ the 2 teachers are the designated key workers for each group although all staff will work with all children

Thanks Marion,

I hope to go and see some foundation stage units in my area with my colleague so that I can see how they work in other schools.

Oh I forgot to add we have 26 reception and 24 part timers each session.

we have 1 teacher and 2 n/n. Equals about 16 key worker booklets to do each.

Will you all be in one big room? Our unit is organised across two classrooms that have double doors between them. The doors are open for the majority of the time and the children move freely between the two classrooms and the outdoor area, but the doors can also be closed when the two year groups need to separate for example at the beginning and at the end of nursery sessions.

Elfy

x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)