Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas Needed Please

We have a few of our older children going to school. So we though that we would do a 6 week plan around the this theme and do holidays at the same time for our younger ones.

Now as anyone got any activity ideas for the children to learn fro in particular 'going to school'?

The plan is that we plan one main activity for each day, and to cover all 6 areas of learning over the week.

Thanks in Advance

So guess what I am doing next week in the school holidays........planning for the 6 weeks. One of these days I will be able to rest....erm maybe not with studying too from September!

Beth

Hi Beth - when we were talking last year with reception teachers we touched on school dinners and how some children find it rather difficult to carry a try whilst balancing cup of water and food etc - you could have role play set up as school dinners !

You won't be able to have turkey twislers on menu though !!!!!! how about chinese food and try out chop sticks.

Have a good time planning - Dot :o

We do that type of thing too!! We set the home corner up as a school with a real register etc etc and we bring in some items of school uniforms for the children to 'dress up' in. All the children seem to enjoy it, especially pretending to be 'teacher'.

i know it's not an activity but we took lots of pictures of 2 local schools that most of the children were going to attend and have a folder for them to look through, the pictures are of the inside and outside of the classrooms including the toilets!! we are able to talk the children through the photos and have at least one visit with our children to have a play in the classroom during lunch break at school this has been very useful to our children.

we also have school uniform for the children to wear in the home corner and play games that involve taking shoes and socks on and off as after talking to reception class teachers seems to be an area that takes lots of time to master!!! :o

Thank you for the ideas so far.

We will have to ask the parents of the children who are leaving this week and try to contact the schools after half term. As the picture of the schools sounds like a really good idea if the schools allow this.

Beth

we do visits & picnics!!! with the schools. I also have a video which I must up grade to a dvd on starting school which goes home with all of the leavers, well those that still have a video player!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)