Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superheros

Hello,

We have been observing our children and at the moment they are constantly into Ben Ten and other superheros. We have decided to follow their lead once again and plan activities based around the theme of Superheros. We would be really grateful for any ideas so we can get the children's imaginations really going.

Many thanks

Boogie x :o

There have been several postings about this topic before. Try these links: superheroes and again. Another one. As I said on the first topic I have linked, I did a superhero week when we had ofsted in and it was absolutely brill. The inspectors commented on how engaged all the children were as a result of this topic. Enjoy it! :o

Edited by Guest

Hi Boogie - if you can search on the "nursery world" site, they did a topic on super hereo's I used some of their ideas on our super hero topic - also there is a book about a boy who is a recycle super hero which I purchased a few weeks ago, I though that would be a good super-hero topic as well.

Dot :o

Nice to hear someone else has Ben 10 visit the setting frequently.....I'm ashamed to say I don't even know who or what he is!

Power rangers is also another favourite so would be interested to see how others have covered this theme.....talking about being child led...today we have been all over the place.....don't know whether I'm coming or going. How do you manage being child-led when so many things are going on....please help.

Just been on Sparklebox today and npticed that they have added new Superhero ROle play resources

Sarah xox

Hi Boogie - if you can search on the "nursery world" site, they did a topic on super hereo's I used some of their ideas on our super hero topic - also there is a book about a boy who is a recycle super hero which I purchased a few weeks ago, I though that would be a good super-hero topic as well.

Dot :o

Hi Dot,

Thank you for your reply. I've had a look on the nursery world site but can't find anything. Do you know how to access it? If not could I be really cheeky and ask if you would mind sending me a copy of your planning so I could pick your brain.

Many thanks

Boogie x

Just been on Sparklebox today and npticed that they have added new Superhero ROle play resources

Sarah xox

Sarah xox

That's great. Thank you so much Sarah

Boogie x

Hi Boogie - rather daft question is it planning re superheros you want - this is on A3 form and hand written so can not e-mail, but what ideas do you want Dot :o

Dot, could you let us know the title/author of the book you referred to about the superhero & recycling. It sounds good!

Hi Boogie - rather daft question is it planning re superheros you want - this is on A3 form and hand written so can not e-mail, but what ideas do you want Dot :o

Hi Dot,

Thank you for your reply. It was planning but any ideas would be warmly welcomed.

Many thanks

Boogie x

Hi Boogie,

Not sure if my links in post 2 worked or not so thought I would post again.

Off the top of my head some of the superhero activities we did were:

• A Spiderman dance (to mission impossible themetune);
    Went on a treasure hunt (following clues that I had prepared and hidden) to find a superhero cape and laser (CLL - print carries meaning);
    Making our own superhero laser (creative);
    Talking about if we had special powers what we would like these to be (PSE);
    Making a telephone directory of Superhero telephone numbers so we can contact them (PSRN - recognise and write numerals to 9)

As already said Superheros was featured as a topic in Nursery Ed in April 2006 - there is a really good poster on the scholastic site which you could put up on your interactive whiteboard if you have one but you have to be a subscriber to the magazine to be able to view it. However, not sure whether you found
this medium term planning when you searched the scholastic website but you can view this for free. There is also this article on Superhero Land and this on superhero play for parents.

I have attached my dance plan for the spiderman dance if it is any use for you.

Oooh, have found my superhero planning for that week too - I'm in Reception, not sure where you are but hopefully it'll be a starting point.

Superhero_PE_plan.doc

Week_Beg_26th_Nov.doc

Hi Boogie,

Not sure if my links in post 2 worked or not so thought I would post again.

Off the top of my head some of the superhero activities we did were:

• A Spiderman dance (to mission impossible themetune);
    Went on a treasure hunt (following clues that I had prepared and hidden) to find a superhero cape and laser (CLL - print carries meaning);
    Making our own superhero laser (creative);
    Talking about if we had special powers what we would like these to be (PSE);
    Making a telephone directory of Superhero telephone numbers so we can contact them (PSRN - recognise and write numerals to 9)

As already said Superheros was featured as a topic in Nursery Ed in April 2006 - there is a really good poster on the scholastic site which you could put up on your interactive whiteboard if you have one but you have to be a subscriber to the magazine to be able to view it. However, not sure whether you found
this medium term planning when you searched the scholastic website but you can view this for free. There is also this article on Superhero Land and this on superhero play for parents.

I have attached my dance plan for the spiderman dance if it is any use for you.

Oooh, have found my superhero planning for that week too - I'm in Reception, not sure where you are but hopefully it'll be a starting point.

Hi Ariel,

Thank you soooo much! This is just what I needed. I'm very grateful to you.

Many thanks

Boogie xx :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)