Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas For A Sports Day For Fsu

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are all well. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what our FSU can do for a sports day. We normally do potted sports with KS1 however this year they have decided to do traditional races. We feel our children are a little too young to be doing this and also think the crowd control of the children will be a nightmare. We have about 50 children in our FSU and would be very grateful for any help or suggestions. Many thanks

Boogie x

Hi Boogie - we have sports day each year from 2 - 4 years and whilst we practice building up to the day we wonder why we are going it, however is always grea fun.

This is how we do it:

children divided into 4 teams, each team does a simple team game, ie throw bean bag into basket, pick up shopping into a basket, go on a scooter around a basket, jump on trampoline. After that children do simple running races, little ones just run, another age group might run with a bean bag on spoon. Children all have opportunity to take part in the running if they want to, we inform parents "its just for fun" and we ensure parents/children do not feel under pressure to join in. We have lots of parents helping which is the key with little ones. All children get a sticker for each race they run.

And don't forget the parents/carers race !!! - Good luck with organising Dot :oxD

Last year we did sports day and had 4 teams...blue, yellow, green & red and a team leader (member of staff) all children and staff were asked to wear something that was the colour of their team.

Races were: egg and spoon, trolley/wheelbarrow dash, sack race, water race and balancing a quoit(sp?) on their heads..oh and welly throwing for children and adults although I probably wouldn't do that one again due to the wellies not having much control of where they are thrown!!!!

This year we are opting for a teddy bears picnic.

Will you be doing any Teddy Bears Picnic activities leading up to the actual picnic?? If so, could you please enlighten me! I am faced with teaching this toReception as a topic, I have very little...well, actually, no resources and am totally stuck for ideas...help! :o

Hi, not sure yet really...looking for any suggestions! Am thinking of getting the children to make an invitation to their bears for the picnic and asking them what they think should be at the picnic...food, games etc.

Any ideas would be great!!! :o

We will be having similar activites to dot but this year we are linking up with the olympics theme. We are going to encourage the children to make their own 'medals' - so everyone is a winner. Thought we might use our wooden blocks as a podium (sp?) for presenting the medals.

We (F1) do a football day. The children go with their key worker ie in groups of 13 do 3 different games eg throwing and catching, bean bags in hoops etc. Have half time, drink and fruit, and then we finish with a penalty shoot out against either the caretaker or Y6 teacher. Add up the scores on the doors and present the winning group with 'the world cup'. No parents all done in the nursery yard - easy!!

Zambonie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)