Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Co-ordinators Job

Hi all,

Hope your words of wisdom can help!

The opportunity has arisen in my school to apply for the foundation stage co-ordinators job, I have worked in reception for 2 years now and have been teaching for 6 years and feel I am ready for the next step.

I have written my supporting statement which I am happy with but am now stressing about the interview and what questions I will be asked, has anyone been through an interview for FS cordinator and if so what were you asked??

Thanks in advance!

Catherine x

Guest lesboyle
Hi all,

Hope your words of wisdom can help!

The opportunity has arisen in my school to apply for the foundation stage co-ordinators job, I have worked in reception for 2 years now and have been teaching for 6 years and feel I am ready for the next step.

I have written my supporting statement which I am happy with but am now stressing about the interview and what questions I will be asked, has anyone been through an interview for FS cordinator and if so what were you asked??

Thanks in advance!

Catherine x

Hi Catherine

I recently went for a Foundation Stage Leader job (which I didnt get, close call but other candidate had more recent experience) - The questions from what I remember were - how would you develop staff's understanding? How would you bring about effective transition? What would your priorities be for the new year. Tell us about something in your practice you are really proud of. What would you say are the challenges ahead in the EYFS. How would you ensure consistency across the two classes? Also a question about safeguarding children.

Hope this helps

Lesley

Thankyou very much Lesley thats a great help. Interviews are always good experience to have under your belt (so i'm told!) and as I havent had one for a few years its a bit nerve wracking but we'll see,

Wishing you better luck next time.

Catherine xxx

building relationships with pre-schools- induction process?

transition from N to R and then R to Y1- how would you aid this?

how would you deal with difficult members of staff?

a question regarding behaviour management ie. being a line manager you may be sent some issues to deal with

relationships/ partnerships with parents

working alongside other adults- leading a team

analysis of Foundation Stge profile- strneghts and weakness- ur ability to identify and produce an action plan

working as a member of SMT?

effective class teaching/ manangement

identify areas for staff development and cpd opportunities

hope this helps! Good luck

ive racked my brain and have come up with these questions that i was asked at interview.

How would I promote Communication, Language and Literacy in the FS unit?

How would I provide a safe environment?

What partnerships do I feel are important and how would I promote them?

What assessment methods would I utilise and what would I do with it?

What would I bring to the role?

Inclusion manager asked 'how would you promote inclusion in the unit'.

What are my views on parents in school?

What role does role play have in a FS classroom?

How would you introduce new intiatives to a group of staff that are already established?

What are my experiences of performance management?

How would you feel completing performance management on a more experienced teacher?

What is your understanding of School Self Evaluation?

What do you think constitues Outstanding Early Years practice?

How would you introduce new children and parents into the school?

How would you manage the transition between Home to Nursery to Reception to Key Stage 1?

How would you use ICT in the FS unit?

How would you encourage children to become involved in using ICT? Provide examples.

What are your expectations of teaching and learning?

Describe your Early Years classroom. (I made sure I commented on children before the actual environment - e.g if you walked into my classroom, you would see a class of busy, stimulated children participating in challenging activities that encourage self initated learning. etc, etc)

If you were to get the job, what would be the first three things you would do?

I had to do a 5 min presentation on my visualisation of oustanding early years provision so they asked me some questions about that before doing a 20 min interview about general teaching. Then I got through to the afternoon - so I then had a 10 min observation in a role play area with a group of children followed by another 35 min interview that involved questions more about the management side of the role.

If I think of any more, I'll let you know. kel x

if I'd been asked half that at an interview I'd certainly be brain dead, let alone be able to remember it afterwards i'd be a gibbering wreck!!!

Yes, I got the job! Still cant quite believe it! Ive been on maternity leave for the last 9 months so have felt totally 'out of the loop' and with all the EYFS changes etc Im not sure whats going on! I wrote down the general teaching questions straight away whilst they were making their decisions as to who would be asked to stay for the afternoon and I wrote the management ones down once I had got home. Good luck and let me know how you get on. If you need anything else, I'll help if I can! kel x

Kelly,

I am so glad I got offered my FS Co-or job at my current school and didn't have to apply - there's no way I'd have stood a chance if I had to face an interview and presentation like that :o Well done. I was on the interview panel for out new head at the end of last year and your day sounds similar to the one we organised - although I think you had more questions. Well done again!

Good luck Catherine - not got anything to add, think the most likely questions have all been covered. Try to stay calm and let us know how you get on. x x x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)