Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flump?!

Hi all, was at some training today and someone was talking about Flump(!) Apparently its made from PVA, water and something else. Can anyone tell me if they know what it is and all the ingredients.

Thanks

Jo

never heard of flump, would love to find out the recipe though, if you ever get to the bottom of it!

I do use a similar(ish) recipe for puffy paint.

use equal measures of PVA and shaving foam (I use more shaving foam than PVA to be honest, it's not a precise measure!)

get the children to mix together.

I use this during winter months. The children mix together, then use the mix to make snowman pics on coloured paper, add buttons.

It dries a bit like a lemon meringue topping, crispy on the outside.

My students at college last week added glitter and coloured paint, still dried the same way!!

Ooooh! I want to do that............. its amazing that never mind the number of years you've been in the job, there's always something new to try!!!

You need Borax- I haven't bought any in ages but I got it from a chemist last time I did- not sure exactely what it is (some type of washing detergent) but in small doses it is non toxic ( I used to work at a hands on science museum)

Basically- Dissolve the packet of borax in a large jar of water as best as you can - big coffee jar that kind of thing. It will keep for ages too.

The basic recipe is mix a tablespoon of PVA with about a tablespoon of normal water. Next stir in about a tablespoon of the borax solution slowly. The mix starts to come together in a lump. Take it out of the mixing bowl and slowly roll into a ball between your hands. If slime is too sticky, add a little more borax. If slime is too slippery, add a little more white glue solution and that should do it.

You can add a few drops of food colouring at the mixing stage too.

Hope that helps

Hmm, not sure on the flump/borax idea but I will try the shaving foam & pva first... so often I'll try things enthusiastically and its not just the children who won't touch it, but the staff too! :o I'll let you know how we get on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)