Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play Ideas

Hi there,

I am currently doing a topic on Elmer and was wondering if any of you have any good role play area ideas?? The last time i did this we had an elephant observation post kinda thing but wondered if there were any better ideas out there!

Thanks in advance :)

How about a fabric shop, lots of different materials, patterns, plain and variety of textures.

First question, How much fabric would we need to buy to cover an Elephant?? :o

The children could masure and buy fabric to make own 'coats' and pretend to be Elmers friends in role play. If not much patterned fabric then get lots of donated sheets and some fabric paints/dye and make your own supplies.

Peggy

How much fabric would we need to buy to cover an Elephant

I googled and ask.co. it but there wasn't an answer xD I really need to know!!!! (but did find a rude elephant joke that made me laugh :o )

You must read Billy's Belly Button

When I did Elmer it was part of our topic on Colour. We had an opticans in our role play area. I asked an opticians for any old glasses they had- we had some retro glasses that looked that they belonged to Elton John! We also read the book 'Anna's amazing magic glasses' and we made our own versions of the story with our own magic glasses. It was fab!

i know it's not role play but i read a great article about making an Elmer out of a pint size plastic milk bottle. if you look at one side on you will see where i'm coming from!! it said to stick patchwork squares onto the plastic and attach an eye, i have been dying to give it a try with the children but haven't had the oppertunity yet!!

I know I'm sure that the milk bottle elephant thing must have been from this site somewhere. I have bags of cut up milk bottles just waiting to be used cluttering up the pre-school kitchen!!!

I've got a new member of staff who is a real cleaning freak , I keep going in the kitchen and finding all of our junk modelling in the bin and have to rescue it!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)