Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Literacy And School Trip Ideas

Hello,

I teach in Reception and we are going on a school trip this Thursday, orienteering - which will be fabulous. Just wondered if I could pick all your brains for some good ideas to tie this in with Literacy, due to only having 3 days in school because of bank holiday. Was thinking about list writing about things we need to take with us etc, and possibly poems for afterwards - but it all seems a bit random. Any ideas??

Ta!

Naomi.

How about maps? Pictures and labels of places they've been / the place you're going / imaginary places / places in books / story maps? Or signposts to get the idea of finding your way around places - you could write signs for them to read and follow, maybe to find some hidden treasure, they could write their own signs to go up around your setting or create their own treasure hunts. Also stories to do with directions and following routes, like Rosie's Walk, We're Going on a Bear Hunt or The Spooky Old Tree.

Don't know if that's any use - just off the top of my head! :o

Emma

Sometimes its ok to have things stand alone. Although this does sound like a good opportunity to write a recount! Lots of physical and PSE learning at the time presumably.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)