Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Sheet Pro Forma

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post!

Does anyone know of any planning, weekly or daily, pro formas that incorporate schemas? I'm an EYPS candidate on the full pathway and my setting have expressed an interest in this so it would be brilliant if anyone out there could help!

:o

Thanks

cathylou

Hello Cathylou, thanks for your first post /query, and a warm welcome to the forum. xD

There are many, many formats for planning as I am sure you know, including examples on the EYFS CD.

I would think that where childrens interests are noted a column / section could be added to indicate any particular schema's identified within the way the child/ren are showing their interests. ie: Access to the writing area, lots of writing, placing in envelopes and posting of letters ( enveloping, transporting schema's).

As your setting has expressed an interest in this, why not have a staff team competition, to design their own format. Each one could be trialed, thus empowering staff, enabling reflective practice and a system that they have all worked together to produce, thus making it more likely to be used effectively. :(

Please feel welcome to share your end result. :o

Peggy

Hello Cathylou, thanks for your first post /query, and a warm welcome to the forum. xD

There are many, many formats for planning as I am sure you know, including examples on the EYFS CD.

I would think that where childrens interests are noted a column / section could be added to indicate any particular schema's identified within the way the child/ren are showing their interests. ie: Access to the writing area, lots of writing, placing in envelopes and posting of letters ( enveloping, transporting schema's).

As your setting has expressed an interest in this, why not have a staff team competition, to design their own format. Each one could be trialed, thus empowering staff, enabling reflective practice and a system that they have all worked together to produce, thus making it more likely to be used effectively. :(

Please feel welcome to share your end result. :o

Peggy

There's a template on the EYFS CD under planning - nursery - 3/4 year olds, 3 or 4 pages into the document. It has the child's name in the middle, interests, all 6 areas, possible schema and a place for parent's comments.

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum, Cathylou! I was going to point you in the same direction...and if you use that one, you're also evidencing your knowledge of the EYFS - one of the standards in the first group, no 4 I think??!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)