Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anybody Going On The Course 15th May In London?

Guest budgie1

Guest budgie1

Hi Everyone,

Have just found out that I am booked on the course "Delivering Children's Centres Priorities and lessons learnt for 2008" Course on 15th May in London and wondered if anyone else was going. This is in preperation for starting my new job at a childrens centre in September and i feel quite excited!! Hope it lasts! :o

No I am not going - is this a freebie or no. Do you know who is running it? Have a good time and I hope it is worthwhile - I am a bit fed up with courses that don't achieve or say what they are gonig to do - everyone seems to like the sound of their own voice too much sometimes and I think the networking part is the most important part of some of these courses. I hope it is good. The one I want to get on in a Penn Green one on evaluating outcomes so I am hoping to get on that one as I think it will be good. Good luck with the new job - what are you doing?

Nikki

Guest budgie1

The course is run by " Creating opportunities, building futures 4 children" (Whom I have never heard of) I dont think it is free. Currently I am a foundation team leader in a primary scholl but will be starting my new job as an "early years advisory teacher" ( sounds very Grand!!) in September.

The course outline actually has specified times for " networking" which made me laugh. As I will be new to the whole children's centre scene am hoping that this will be really useful. My new job is a new post and at the interview I got the impression that I could have a big impact into making it what I wanted, They were rather vague as to what I would be doing and very keen to hear my ideas. Hope I can do it! :o

Guest budgie1

Thanks Marion, you are a font of knowledge ( and very clever to be able to add links, I have no idea how to do that!) :o

I'm not sure how much your course is but they are also delivering a course with Barnardo's on April 28th in London which is just over £400. So enjoy Budgie and good luck in your new role. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)