Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths

Hi I am doing reading and writing numbers next week with my reception class need activitiies to stretch my moat able as coutning items and writing hdown how many are too dry and boring for them. They are able to recognise up to 30 so need some help to stretch them a bit more

thanks!!!!

Hi I am doing reading and writing numbers next week with my reception class need activitiies to stretch my moat able as coutning items and writing hdown how many are too dry and boring for them. They are able to recognise up to 30 so need some help to stretch them a bit more

thanks!!!!

How about estimating? Instead of straightforward counting, estimating, recording their estimate, counting to check, recording actual amount, then finding the numbers on the numberline and seeing how close their estimates were? Who had the closest estimate? etc etc Fun to do catching sequins or corks.... etc in the water / digging & sieving sequins etc in the sand....

Emma :o

How about estimating? Instead of straightforward counting, estimating, recording their estimate, counting to check, recording actual amount, then finding the numbers on the numberline and seeing how close their estimates were? Who had the closest estimate? etc etc Fun to do catching sequins or corks.... etc in the water / digging & sieving sequins etc in the sand....

Emma :o

thanks that is really good idea did not even thik of that cheers :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)