Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How Much Rent Do You Pay?

Hi

Had a query from a friend. Wondered if anybody could help?

This group are attached/in the grounds of a school to whom they pay a weekly rent in the region of £65 per week.

They were wondering what other groups pay and what is included in this rent?

many thanks in anticipation.

Hi

Had a query from a friend. Wondered if anybody could help?

This group are attached/in the grounds of a school to whom they pay a weekly rent in the region of £65 per week.

They were wondering what other groups pay and what is included in this rent?

many thanks in anticipation.

Hi there we work out of a local sports hall and pay about 18 pounds per day.

Hi there we work out of a local sports hall and pay about 18 pounds per day.

Oh lucky you we pay £16.50 per hour!!! This includes rooms, outdoor area, use of toilets, use of hall and play grounds/astro turf. And electric etc. We do our own cleaning.

Hi

We are a full time pre-school also on grounds of school and pay £40 per week rent, we have a wonderful relationship with the school and they recognise that without us there their numbers for nursery would dwindle as we feed them and as we offer wrap around service and parents can go to work from 8-3 they value us as much as we do them.The previous pre-school closed and their nursery numbers suffered and therefore their funding.I see they may put it up soon as we have been paying the same for the past 4 years. With that £40 we get the room cleaned by contract cleaner, all our bills are included in that , heating, repairs, including telephone., which we tend not to use that much as we do feel we get a bargain.

And for £65 its not too bad, that is about what i feel the governing body of the school will be looking at for ours.

Before we moved premises we were in school caretakers house and shared use with out of school club and the chair of governors wanted to put it up from £50 per week to £100 because we were offering afternoons as well,and she was the out of school club leader and chair of governonrs, talk about a conflict of interest, the £40 was for 5 mornings.

Sympathise with £18 per day as it really cuts into your budget but its a cut throat world, and someone will always want to benefit from someone else.

Try discussing or you may have to put fees up to compensate as inflation needs to be taken into account, wages, shopping, resources and it has to be found somewhere.

Have a wonderful day

xx

I currently pay £3,000 per year,with an annual increase, but the other group in our village, which is in subsidised building, pays £1,500,this goes up every now and again ,but not very often, and this is including all bills(heat, rates, rubbish collection, water, etc)

We are in the basement of a church hall and have sole use. We pay £10 an hour, which includes all utilities. We do our own cleaning and provide all cleaning materials. We also do our own redecorating and buy the paint etc.-I've seen the lovely colours the church choose!!!

Ours will probably go up in September as the church are installing a new heating system and we haven't had a rent increase for some time.

Linda

Guest MaryEMac

We are attached to a school and pay (I think) £350 rent plus we have to pay a proportion of the utility bills and a cleaner. It works out to about £900 per year. When we first went into the building we paid £3 rent per year plus utilities so it has gone up quite a bit.

Mary

I can't believe the rent some of you are paying in schools!!!!! As I said we pay £16.50 per hour. Would anyone mind if I showed my HT these posts??!!

We pay for 3 hours per session X 6 sessions per week and 1 hour for lunch club!! That is for 39 weeks of the year too!! It works out at £12,226.50 per year!!!!!!!!!!

We would love to offer more sessions, but unless they are financially viable we can't. With wages and other outgoings we have to have 34 bums on seats per session!! (Max 40 per session)

WOW £16.50 an hour thats extortionate, I looked at renting premesis as an assignment at college but I cannt get over £16.50 how do they justify that amount!?!?!?!?

we pay a peppercorn rent too and it includes utilities, insurance, maintainance, we do our own cleaning

• 2 weeks later...

We are a Pre-School using a building on the school site and combined with the schools reception class we provide a Partnership Foundation Stage Unit. Under the terms of the lease (which is standard from the County Council) the school cannot charge any rent, we simply pay for the electricity and gas we use and also do our own cleaning.