Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Show Manchester 2008

beth1

Who would like to meet up next Saturday 19/4/08? Lets see if we can meet up this year. :o

I am going on this day this year due to college clashes, I am going to 2 seminars in the early afternoon. The times are 12.30 to 1.30 pm and 2 til 3 pm, but otherwise I will be able to meet up before or after then.

Beth

I shall be going but early on as I'm in charge of a hen do in Liverpool that evening.

I'll probably get there when it opens at 10 and leave about 1ish. Not booked on any seminars this time as nothing grabbed me.

Have you got your secret handshake ready then? :o

I've got mine sorted!!!

My photo is on my user pic and avatar so I should be easy to spot!

Is no one else going this year apart from myself and Nichola?

I have decided to try and get there for around just after 11.00 am am so I can have a good look around and eat my lunch. I have my 2 seminars in the afternoon so after the second one I will be leaving.

Nichola where shall we meet and at what time?

Beth

hi u two

i am going on Friday and will grab all the freebies if any before u lol

wish i could meet up on sat as going on my own couldnt even get hubby to go with me this year

but family committments on saturday

have a lovely time beth and nichola

cherry

im just off today to the exhibition otherwise i would of met up. Mind you been trying to meet up for the last 2 years and i just stand there like a lemon!!

Try the lump of playdough tack next time, Andreamay! :o

Oh is it really? That's fab about the SEN as I work in SEN! I've just got home and realised I've left my entry badge at work, what an idiot eh?

I'll be there in the morning though not sure how long for or what time, depends what I have to do in prep for tomorrow night!

I will be there. I have a seminar at 11 and another at 3. So will be trying to grab some lunch about 12ish in the catering area by the seminar rooms. Will probably be around there until 1.

Linda

I will be there. I have a seminar at 11 and another at 3. So will be trying to grab some lunch about 12ish in the catering area by the seminar rooms. Will probably be around there until 1.

Linda

Hi Linda do you want to meet at the Catering area at around 12 ish as it is near the seminar rooms?

I am going into one at 12.30 so I will have to talk quick but could meet up again at 1.30ish for another quick chat before I go for another one at 2.00 pm?

Beth

Linda

Hi Linda do you want to meet at the Catering area at around 12 ish as it is near the seminar rooms?

I am going into one at 12.30 so I will have to talk quick but could meet up again at 1.30ish for another quick chat before I go for another one at 2.00 pm?

Beth

That would be a good idea Beth. I am will be there with one of my staff-she has short very straight grey hair and is called Veronica-look out for her!

Linda

watch out for a stand called space something

lots of twizzly things to dangle in outdoor area or in a reading corner for 50p or 1.00

soft squidgey spikey ball things with lights etc for austistic children etc lol

stickers very cheap and u can stock up on feltips chubby half the price etc on berol store

some great discounts on big stuff but i havennt had budget this year yet so couldnt buy much

its dire to get food in catering bit but a subway and costa coffee near by

sweet counter have some good resources cheap too

was very busy but enjoyed it outdoor stuff - lots of it this year makes u dribble

wish i had been able to meet up with some of u lot feel quite jealous of u lot meeting today

sorry cheerycheery we could of said hi but I didnt know I was going for sure after uni all day thursday im good for nothing Friday!! i woke up and decided to go and ofcourse it was to late to organise anything. And then i presumed you were all going Saturday.of whcih i was going to just turn up as it never works when I arrange to meet anyone I have literally spent an hour hanging around in the past and the people havent been able to attend in the end.(so feel abit jinxed) Maybe next year :(

I was impressed I managed to get 5 pairs of claves for £3 got 2 lots cos our children love tapping sticks and our others seem to get lost with schools. Thes are green and blue from MES stand and some bongo drums for a pound. I got some lovely books with 20% off and a new water trough which we needed but waited incase i went for the 10% off and free delivery. Some fantastic role play masks (will look up the retailer) I got 10 green bottles, 5 speckled frogs,5 current buns and the gingerbread man. Our children are into role playing the rhymes at mo. You know sitting on a wall and falling off as we sing or jumping into the pool etc They usually hold a number up but having a mask on with a bottle on top with number on will excite them i think! they especially love being all jumbled up and we have to close our eyes while they get back in order. :o Sorry gone on a bit but cant wait to show them on monday. :( Oh and I added to our selection of wooden story characters from yellow door I bought some last year and they have been so sucessful. And a couple of lovley little books by Ros Bayley on rhymes with cd which we can use with our sticks!! I try and be really good all year and not spend too much so i can spend at the exhibition but i am getting better at not being frivilious and thinking it through.sometimes ringing staff to talk it thru!! xD One more thing from Hickory Dickory Dock i bought again adding to our collection is a selection of materials not very big about sort of A3 size(sorry rubbish at dimensions!!) with wonderful pictures on it 4 for a tenner. I got a pirates scene, wild animals, beach and flowers and butterflies you can get them in bigger sizes but I use them for setting the scene when 'telling' a story or with a story bag the staff use them for small world or a display table. Hope the others come back as pleased with their booty. :(

Andrea

Edited by Andreamay

Is no one else going this year apart from myself and Nichola?

I have decided to try and get there for around just after 11.00 am am so I can have a good look around and eat my lunch. I have my 2 seminars in the afternoon so after the second one I will be leaving.

Nichola where shall we meet and at what time?

Beth

Hi Beth, just noticed your message. I went yesterday to be inspired, it was great; although i spent too much!! I went to the puppets in Foundation Stage seminar, which was fab!

Hope you enjoyed also!

Lydzzy

Sorry gone on a bit but cant wait to show them on monday.

Oooh I know just what you mean: I hope they are as excited by your goodies as you are!

We spent a fortune on the MES last year - a good tip is to go late on the last day. They were bored by then, and doing very good deals... :o

Maz

Just got back! :oxD

I left just after 9 am to drive across and get the tram to the venue. I ended up getting a Piddicly (sp) tram not a tram the went passed. I got there just after 10.30 am, started to look around, waited for Nichola to turn up but I didn't see her after 11.00 waited for 20 minutes. So I went to look around before lunch.

I have managed to get a couple of stuff for preschool - some glitter pens, foam number mats and something else (I can't remeber :( ). I hung around the catering area to see I could find Linda, I couldn't see her so I ended up eating my lunch before going into my 2 seminars. Both were really interesting I am glad I chose them now I feel really inspired by them. I got out to look at a couple more things before going to catch a tram (quite a few people from the show on there) and back home.

So after all that I didn't get to meet anyone from the forum but I had a good time.

Beth

Sounds like you've all had fun. Do you know if there is any shows in east anglia or possibly London? Would love to go and get inspired and pick up some bargains- bit to far to travel up to Manchester thou! xx

Sounds like you've all had fun. Do you know if there is any shows in east anglia or possibly London? Would love to go and get inspired and pick up some bargains- bit to far to travel up to Manchester thou! xx

Early Years and Primary Teachng - in September I think but definitely in London. Spent a fortune there last year!

Edited by HappyMaz

Early Years and Primary Teachng - in September I think but definitely in London. Spent a fortune there last year!

Thanks Maz, will definately keep my eyes open for info on that.

I had a really good time-two Penny Tassoni seminars which were very good. Spent an absolute fortune! Can't wait for it all to arrive!

I was in the eating area from about 12.20. Maybe next time we should arrange to wear something we could look out for.

Linda

Glad you all had a good time. I really wanted to go ut Manchester is a bit far to go for me. Was Penny Tassoni there? I've been to a talk by her and think she is wonderful - very inspiring!

I'll look out for the London show in September!