Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny Story Of The Week

beth1

When we got in to work this morning, we are in a church hall. Both my deputy and myself opened the door to where our tables are to find the poling boths ready for the 1st May. We struggled to get the stuff out but managed.

Then at opening time my deputy were telling the parents that we would be closed as she got it into her head that voting takes place next Thursday! xD:( So we may see less children in the setting, but I must admit it is a little bit early to bring in the poling boths! :o

Beth

Don't you just love forward thinking!! When we were in a church hall we had all the booths delivered really early, and two ramps for access into the building. We carefully stacked everything at the back of the church and thought nothing more of it. Polling day came and went and everything was taken away, except these two very expensive sturdy looking ramps. After a few phone calls and letter later still no one came to collect them, so we sort of adopted them. The children used them with planks of wood for large outdoor construction. They really enjoyed using them, we painted them, decorated them with hand prints, they looked gorgeous.

You can imagine our complete shock and mild embarrassment when in the November of the following year they arrived to collect them!!!!! We did the Christian thing ........................ and blamed the youth club!!!!

They close our school to use...children don't mind but there quite a few unhappy parents!!! Why can't they use the hall up the road which is now used by the WRVS???

Oh Shny that did make me laugh I can guess you where mortified aern't these youth clubs disrespectful of other peoples property!!!! LOL

In all fairness, the youth club had had a BBQ a few weeks before, left loads of food in the garden area which had attracted every rat known to man kind and sat on our wendy house and broken the roof, so I didn't feel to guilty about blaming them!! :o