Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Writing Inspiration Needed

I have just got back from a fantastic farm visit with my reception class. They were so well behaved and I didn't loss any- which is a bonus!

Tomorrow I'm going to look back at the photos we took today and do lots of talking about the visit. I want the children to have a go at writing some captions to go with the photos for our display. Trouble is I am exhausted and am in need of some inspiration of interesting ways to do it- previously we have writen captions on pieces of paper with farm animal borders- not the most exciting of writing tasks!

Any ideas would be great! Thank you. xx

Oophs- just realised where I posted this- I have copied it into a more appropriate topic area. Not sure how to delete it though! Sorry.

I have just got back from a fantastic farm visit with my reception class. They were so well behaved and I didn't loss any- which is a bonus!

Tomorrow I'm going to look back at the photos we took today and do lots of talking about the visit. I want the children to have a go at writing some captions to go with the photos for our display. Trouble is I am exhausted and am in need of some inspiration of interesting ways to do it- previously we have writen captions on pieces of paper with farm animal borders- not the most exciting of writing tasks!

Hi

what about using animal shapes to write in?

im a bit brain dead at the moment thats what seems to happen to me in the holidays, only suggestion is perhaps writing a letter together to the farmer, owner asking about how to care for the animals or perahps writing information leaflets together.

clare x

Edited by Guest

Just found where you reposted it !

As i suggested how about writing inside the animal shapes which represent the photo?

A few weeks ago I put some photos on the interactive whiteboard and the children helped me write some speech bubbles and some captions. Later, I stuck up the photos on a low wall and the children then used speech bubble post-its to add speech. The next day I moved a couple of tables close to the display (our office) and the children pretended they were writing a caption for a newspaper. They wrote on a strip of paper that they then pinned by the photo on the wall. Most of the children were inspired to have a go (and we now see post-its stuck everywhere with little messages!)

Guest Biker

How about making photo albums of your farm visit asking the children to write captions underneath each picture?

Although a different setting to you (We are an Extended school providing pre-school education for 3 and 4 year olds with wrap around care for 3-11 yrs)our children all enjoy this then we place the albums in the book corner for the children to look at.

Biker

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)