Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Health And Safety Factors?

Hi iam currently studying for my ccld level 4 and wondered has anyone got any ideas on what ethnic or cultural factors may affect childrens health and safety??

Don't know if it the sort of thing you are looking for, but we had a little muslim girl with a veil who would over heat very quickly in hot weather. Had to make regular checks on her, keep her well hydrated and sit her near the air conditioner.

Hmm. the only thing I can remember talking about at a health and safety training (mainly connected with hygiene) was about the need to ensure that children would wash their hands under running water rather than in a bucket or bowl which some groups provide. Only problem is I can't remember which religion this was relating to. Sorry :o

Maz

Can only think of language barriers.

ie children wear plimsoles at our pre school for h&s issues.

If their was a language barrier due to ethnicity this would be unknown.

As would all other h&s things

plus H&S signs (the need for duel language)

Hi

For my SVQ3 I had to do something like this. In addition to the language barrier, I put tuck in long clothing and make sure it's no going to catch on anything when the children are on the physical apparatus; the same goes for long hair.

I am sure you will get some more replies!

Zan

Hi

For my SVQ3 I had to do something like this. In addition to the language barrier, I put tuck in long clothing and make sure it's no going to catch on anything when the children are on the physical apparatus; the same goes for long hair.

I am sure you will get some more replies!

Zan

Have I welcomed you before, Zan?

If not, welcome!

Maz

Hi Bubble00,

Sand is apparently impossible to get out of the tight curls of afro styles without thorough washing, so the possiblity of hats or headwear could be considered. (This came out of my DPP and not through experience!)

Rachel

Dredlocks and sand are a nightmare, also Indian families wear alot of jewelry whether round ankles or body chains. Also some of the clothing can be dangerous as very frilly or long depnding on religion or culture.

Its late and can't think any more

Steph

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)