Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Implications

Hi Everyone,

I have an interview on Tuesday where I have to produce a 10 minute Powerpoint presentation on the implications of the EYFS. Just looking for any advice.

Thank you so much for your time.

Hi LAB,

Can you give us some more information? What's the job for?

Do they mean implications for the school/practitioner/early years sector/workforce, or something else?

Or do you think they mean the much bigger picture of Every Child Matters and its relationship to EYFS?

So the implications are more than relevant to the job!

Do you need to look at the broad picture of the statutory things and the way B23 is being incorporated for learning within the new developmental bands?

Good luck.

Does the nursery school take children under three? Even if they don't, Susan's suggestions is good because it gives you the development areas for children who may not have reached the first stepping stone of the old FS curriculum. It gives you a great picture of where children come from, developmentally.

If I were doing the talk, I'd include:

* Child-centred stuff: observation first, then planning, building a picture of each individual child; continuous curriculum and focused activity balance; care just as important as education and inseparable

* Partnership with parents

* Learning areas: interlinking; exploratory play; encouraging children to be active, motivated, independent learners. Implications for the layout of the nursery classes, and access in/out as free-flow

There are a thousand other things you could include, but they'd be my favourites! :o

Thank you so much for all your advice. I've just got to do a few minor changes tonight and deliver it tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Not thick at all :o

B23 is Birth to Three Matters, ie the curriculum guidance for under threes which nurseries, etc followed before their children start the (old) Foundation Stage. Thank goodness the two curricula have been amalgamated into the EYFS: it was a nightmare having to deal with both of them in one setting, with mixed age groups!

Good luck with tomorrow xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)