Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assessing For The Profile

Additional Exemplification Materials to Support Practitioners in Completing the Foundation Stage Profile

FSP.pdf

Hi, I'v found this document on my LEA website and thought it might be useful for others to have a look at!

Thank you for that - we are currently having a few 'debates' in our team regarding what the scale poinrts actually mean & what types of evidence/incidental obs we should be recording & collecting for 'evidence' so i am goign to print off the document & take it to share with others - it will be very helpful. Thanks again xx

Glad it helps, my head still thinks its 'too easy' but finds it hard to give me any other examples other than writing skills ladders, layered targets and other such KS1 nonsense. :o

we always thimk its got to be harder than these examples or otherwise a very high percentage of our children will score 8s at the end of the year.( always getting told 6s are average).

We have a couple of girls who are writing sentences independently which are very easy readable and on level 3 oxford reading books.

we didnt give them the point for sounds and names the letters as they didnt know the majority of the letter names ,but when you read the examples they should easily have this point.

Its maybe not as hard to reach the points as we think.

MaryS don't forget that point 4 for LSL relating to sounds and letters should be seen as more, rather than less, and so this means it can be just over half i.e 14 of the 26 intial sounds and names; therefore this makes it more attainable for many. This directive came from Jan Dubiel the man at the top!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)