Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Super Scales

Has anyone else heard about the SUPER SCALES?

On my moderation afternoon they showed us a list of the super scales for example in LCT and LSL point 7 is a super scale.

This was flashed up at the end of the afternoon (brain had become dazed and confused by this point) and i wrote something down along the lines of, if they get these super scale points they are ready for KS1 curriculum.

Did I hear that right?

Hi Verityn,

Super Scale points were highlighted at our moderation meeting however what was said is that there is a correlation between these chn who achieve 6 or more in these scale points and children who get level three at KS1 sats. A comment was made that if you want to boost the number of level three's then really emphasise these scale points. :o

There were three super scale points but I can't remember exactly what these were off the top of my head. I think there was one PSE but can't remember which one - dispositions and attitudes??? Language for Thinking was definatly one but can't remember whether the other was linking sounds and letters or a PSRN. Will have a look at my notes when I get home tonight and let you know if nobody else with a better memory than I comes along in the meantime.

Thats interesting i have supper scales for most areas of learning

PSED

DA 6 and 8

SD 5

LCT 7

LSL 7

Reading 6

writing 6

NLC 8

C 8

ssm 8

KUW 4 and 5

PD 5 6 and 7

CD 7 and 8

Don't agree that these could possible be level 3 children in the future if it is the case then the super scales should come with a big health warning.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)