Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Phonics Monitoring

Can anyone help my head is monitoring my phonics lessons with the new letters and sounds. I have 15 children who are working on phase 3 and she will be watching that lesson/activity that I do ater lunch. I just want to make it alive and exciting and although I do diferent activities with the children i wonder if someone has an really good activity that they do with their children. I am thinking of a bag of objects that the children write the name of on a post it etc. I know I follow the set plan of blending/ segmenting tricky words etc but my year partner has just done an all singing/dancing lesson which the head thought was great.

Thanks

Hi Gwen. How about taking Phonics outdoors? Not sure when you are being observed or what particular phase 3 week you are covering? Could you link activity into an Easter Phonic search? Jump like an easter bunny onto graphemes chalked on playground? Blend to read words and find corresponding pictures hidden around school grounds? Segment to spell words and put into Easter Bunny's basket.A little Easter treat for success? luluj

How about some of the games like postmans knocking or whats in the bag my children love these.

Outdoor sounds great though!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)