Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Shot...

On Monday morning I'm going down to Torquay for the ATL conference. I've never been to a conference before and I'm a little nervous, especially as I don't know anyone (well I know the faces of 2 people going from my authority but I don't know them and what I do know of them makes me think I wont want to be spending my free time with them!

I was just wondering if there were any forum members that were going?

On Monday morning I'm going down to Torquay for the ATL conference. I've never been to a conference before and I'm a little nervous, especially as I don't know anyone (well I know the faces of 2 people going from my authority but I don't know them and what I do know of them makes me think I wont want to be spending my free time with them!

I was just wondering if there were any forum members that were going?

I'm not going to any conferences until I have a lovely new Forum badge to wear :o

Seriously, I'm not going but I'm sure you'll find it useful. And you'll have lots of time to pick their brains and find out what's going on in your authority lately!

Enjoy - and let us know if you find out anything interesting...

Maz

I'm not going to any conferences until I have a lovely new Forum badge to wear

who's designing them??? I've taken to giving a three fingered handshake for meeting practioners like we agreed but all I'm getting is funny looks :o .

I'll be mum

Nicola you will have a great time.It will be a good opportunity for you to make some new friends and get to know people you may never have met if you had not gone.Approach people with a smile and say 'Hi I'm Nichola It's lovely to meet you' (practise please). We can't wait till you get back to hear all about it

mothering over

have fun and enjoy!!!

who's designing them??? I've taken to giving a three fingered handshake for meeting practioners like we agreed but all I'm getting is funny looks :o .

I thought it was a four fingered handshake with a slight twitch of the head. That's where I've been going wrong then.............. xD

LOL @ the handshake.

I think I'll find out some interesting stuff and it will be an experience, that's why I put my name forward to go! I've only just become involved in the union (a good time to as the NUT workers at school are potentially about to strike and I need to know I've got good backing as I'll have to go in to work).

I'm hoping that not everyone there is with people they already know, as I know these things can be rather cliquey.

As for what's going on at Authority level, I already know that, very interesting it is too! I'm Branch President, that's how I'm able to go to the conference (it happened by fluke by my first meeting being the AGM and they needed someone to fill that role, all I do is open and close the meetings!)

I thought it was a four fingered handshake with a slight twitch of the head. That's where I've been going wrong then.............. xD

You've forgotten the most important thing: the double click of the index finger on the back of the other person's hand during the handshake... :o

Maz