Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Planning

Does anyone use the overviews of learning and if so how do you plan from them? am really struggling with maths planning

Hi, We have just gone through ISP and to be honest the LEA advisors didn't have a clue either.... :o To be honest I'm still confused as to whether they refer to the Foundation Stage and actually mean Reception. The ideas are great and its good to know the objectives but I was told to plan from the Foundation Stage curriculum and have started using the new EYFS. Sorry couldn't be more help.

Thanks for the reply. Do you plan blocks of work or do you plan from where children are ability wise? We follow a scheme at the moment but find it doesnt meet all of the childrens needs. Do you only do calculating when children are secure with numbers as labels and counting?

The ISP (intensifying support programme) is a school improvement programme designed to raise standards and improve teaching and learning in schools. The programme works in partnership with the LEA and the school. It is based on the cycle of audit and setting targets, action and review. Basically the aim is to raise standards and accelerate progress in low achieving schools. Hope this helps!

hello, I'm in an ISP school also and i really feel it's not managed well at all!!! nobody has taken ownership of it, and there is no time to do target work? is that what you think?

TashX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)