Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reward System

Hi,

We have used a star chart in our nursery room for the past few months (5 stars = a sticker and 10 stars =a certificate). The children don't seem that enthused by it anymore and was wondering whether anyone can suggest any tried and tested reward systems.

Thanks for your time.

I work in a school nursery and we use the reward system as well. We encourage the children to gain 5 stickers and at the end of the week they get to choose a prize (we buy prizes from the pound shop) these seem to work. It has been in use for over 2 years now.

Guest MaryEMac

We also use a star chart but our children have to get 10 stars before they get a treat. Most popular have been parachute men which I got from toys r us. We also have a selection of pens, pencils and rubbers. It works very well at the moment and is good for maths as well. How many stars have I got and how many more have I got to get before I get a prize?

Mary

Outside my reception classroom I have a large cut out tree called our celebration tree.

Children earn leaves to go on the tree & we write on the leaf what they earned it for & stick it on.

On Friday all the leaves come off the tree & are put in a hat, one leaf is pulled out & that child gets to choose a present from my treasure chest (Bouncy balls, sticker sheets, bubbles, toy cars etc) Of course name picking is rigged to make sure a leaf that hasn't been chosen comes out of the hat!!

Children can take their leaves home to share their celebrations with their family.

I've explained in great detail that only one child gets something from the treasure chest & before I pick a name out of the hat I always say "How many people get some treasure?" & they all know it's one, they've been suprisingly good with this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)