Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Water Medium Term Plan Year 1.

If anyone has a medium term plan for Year 1 in English maths science, please could l see it as am very stuck for ideas. Hope to find someone who has done this topic in year 1. Many thanks :o

Hi Ruthy I am going to move this to the planning section.

I think part of the problem you are not getting many replies is that we don't have a lot of year one teachers on the forum. Perhaps you could adapt some ideas from reception?

Linda

Guest heleng

Do you have an idea of what objectives need to be covered? We have a two year rolling program and work it so that all the objectives are covered over the course of the two years, although some are covered more. This would give you a starting point :o for waht to focus on.

When we did water and weather in Y1 (I am now Reception) we did things like materials for waterproofing, heating and cooling, investigating ice, where does water come from, uses of water, different types of weather, looking at a tropical climate like the Amazon Rainforest where they get a lot of rain, water/ sea pictures, colour mixing using different amounts of water with powder paints. Then we used books with water themes like Pig in the pond, Mr Archimedes (sp?) bath, Mrs Wishy Washy and others like that. Sorry I can't think of any other titles xD

Hth

Helen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)