Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welfare Requirements

I am currently working my way through the welfare requirements for the EYFS'

At the moment we set out what we do by linking the 5 ECM outcomes to the national standards.

But im confused do i

1. Do the same with the EYFS requirements

or

2. Link the requirements by the components of the EYFS

or

3. Both

:oxD:(

i know there will probably be a simple answer and its probably staring me in the face but sometimes i cant see the wood for the trees :( jojom x

I'm not going to be working with the new EYFS but my thoughts are to set out your operational plan to link with your SEF, reason I say this is because articles in this weeks nursery world from the Ofted director says that EYFS Inspections will give a lot of weight to settings SEF. The current SEF is based on the 5 ECM's.

just a thought and not formed by any other guidance from anywhere else.

Peggy

At my last providers meeting we were told to set it out like this:

Be healthy - Medicines p26, Illnesses & injuries p26, Food & drink p27, smoking p27

Stay safe - Safeguarding children p22, premises & security p24, outings p24, risk assessment p 33, premises p34 equipment p35/36

Enjoy & Achieve - Planning & organisation p37, Keyworker role p37, link to practice guidance and cards

Make a positive contribution - eq opps p25, sen p25, behaviour management p28

Achieve economic well being - info & complaints p23, partnership with parents p23, outings p23, safe recruitment p29, suitable person p30, alcohol p30, qualifications p31, staffing arrangements p32, organisation p37, documentation/data p38/39, provider records p40.

Hope this is useful

Shelley

We have an A4 lever arch folder for each of the 5 outcomes with all evidence supporting that outcome in, it also has an action plan for each area that states what we want to achieve and by when and how we are going to achieve it and the success criteria. These action plans are also brought together as a document - Preschool Development Plan, which is reviewed termly and updated with relevant successes/comments and a new one is written every academic year.

Our information comes from staff, children, parents, committee and Ofsted report highlighting our weaknesses and making firm plans for development giving everyone specific jobs/roles and dates to complete by. Success criteria is broken into segments so it doesn't all have to be achieved at once to show progress.

Really positive and easy to read by all and SEF is compiled using the folders.

Hi thanks for the information everyone it was very helpful. We already use the folder system to link the standards to the ECM'S but i was just getting all confused over the way to lay it out for the EYFS but all is a lot clearer now and not really any different to the national standards way. thanks again jojom x

• 1 month later...
Hi thanks for the information everyone it was very helpful. We already use the folder system to link the standards to the ECM'S but i was just getting all confused over the way to lay it out for the EYFS but all is a lot clearer now and not really any different to the national standards way. thanks again jojom x

Does anyone have an action plan for this form reception? I would love to see this as it would really help me

XXX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)