Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Some Advice Please

beth1

I have seen a job been adversited for the last couple of months, Preschool Manage position. It as been adversited again today, the preschool is only open in the mornings and one day a week it will clash with my FDey course. :o

Now I am wondering weither or not to apply, there is an appliciation form and job spec/person description on their own website which I would fill in. There is on closing date but I could fill it in very quickly in the next couple of days.

Agghhhhh I hate having to apply for jobs and not get anywhere. xD

Please give me some inspriation and gudance please.

Thanks Beth

Definitely apply!

It would be in their favour to let you carry on your studies one day a week as it would benefit them in the long run.

I work in a small rural pre-school and know of several pre-schools locally to me which run with a deputy in charge while the supervisor/manager goes to college one day a week.

You'll always be wondering what if (?) if you don't!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with the interview Beth, may I suggest that during the interview you approach the issue of your FD day as not a problem for them to solve as in staff cover but as an opportunity for them to have someone who is very near completion of this degree level :oxD

Peggy

Good luck with the interview Beth, may I suggest that during the interview you approach the issue of your FD day as not a problem for them to solve as in staff cover but as an opportunity for them to have someone who is very near completion of this degree level :oxD

Peggy

Thanks Peggy although I do have another year left i.e. year 3 so really I am nearly level 4 and working towards level 5 of the FD.

Beth

Thanks Peggy although I do have another year left i.e. year 3 so really I am nearly level 4 and working towards level 5 of the FD.

Beth

Your last year will whizz by Beth, :o and what you have learnt in the first 2 yrs is an asset to any job you apply for. xD

peggy

As someone in her third year (which has just whizzed by!) don't give up Beth - most employers will recognise the value (not least monetary) of having a graduate on the staff!

Good luck with your interview - let us know how you get on.

Maz