Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Re-registering

I am considering re-registering with ofsted from sessional to full daycare to maximise the places/flexibility for the 15 hour entitlement. I was wondering if anyone else has re-registered and what changes had to be made to premises or timetables, if there were any problems or unexpected complications and any advise that could be offered.

Our setting has a meeting on Thursday with the Head of the school where we are based. We will be discussing what direction the preschool is going and our future plans. Any input would be really useful.

Thank you!

It used to be called a "variation" rather than a re-registration but I'm not sure if that has changed. If you need advice before your meeting, I would contact your local early years unit - they have people there whose job it is to advise settings on issues such as these and you might be able to get them to come out to you before Thursday to run through everything with you? At the very least they should be able to chat to you about everything over the phone but it would be better if they came to see your setting so that they can see the issues and circumstances particular to you. I'd say definitely ring them in the morning! :o

Edited by Wolfie

just another thought, Ofsted may ask you things about staffing, rest breaks, deployment of staff, planning for the extended hours for children attending all day, rest areas for children, food provision, etc.

Be aware that some questions will be related to 'good practice' (ie: subjective on importance depending on individual Ofsted inspector) and some questions will be related to 'legal requirements', ie: must be met.

Good luck for your meeting and best wishes for this upcoming change.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy, there is a lot to think about!! We are lucky to have use of the staff room in the school for staff breaks etc. And the school kitchen would be willing to provide hot lunches for the children. I am a bit concerned about rest areas for the children. We do have two good sized classrooms, but it depends on how much space I would require or this!

I will update you all on anything that happens!! Not bad considering 5 years ago we were in an old church hall 4 days a week!! Onwards and upwards!

Shiny

good luck with it!! on a slightly different note, I paid my Ofsted fee yesterday and commented to the chap dealing with it about how much the fees are going up to over the next couple of years.He went off on a bit of a rant at me.......'oh, you mean the National Day Nurseries letters?? Well, there IS going to be some change in the fee structure, but we don't know what it is, and it's certainly nothing like they are telling you, and I suggest you telephone or write to them to complain about the scare-mongering'.....I was left slightly staggered to say the least!! All i did was say my fee was up from last year and it was going to rise rather horribly soon!!I did ask him if the consultation things I'd seen (and filled in ! ) was untrue then..and he just said 'get on to the day Nurseries people' again!

We went from sessional to full day care 3 years ago if you require any relevant actions regarding changes and what to submit here is a list that we sent of to ofsted

standard 2.11

you have to write how you will implement these standards

eg standard 2.11: provision is made for children who wish to relax or sleep. if a child needs to relax, play quietly or sleep during the session a carpeted area in the book corner is equipped with a sofa and scattered cushions. (we are in a church hall with no extra rooms).

I am considering re-registering with ofsted from sessional to full daycare to maximise the places/flexibility for the 15 hour entitlement. I was wondering if anyone else has re-registered and what changes had to be made to premises or timetables, if there were any problems or unexpected complications and any advise that could be offered.

Our setting has a meeting on Thursday with the Head of the school where we are based. We will be discussing what direction the preschool is going and our future plans. Any input would be really useful.

Thank you!

Hi

First post here, although I have been reading for ages!

We have done just that this month.

We rung Ofsted and were told we had to compare the 2 standards and write down any differences and how we were going to meet them.

I sat with them both and my highlighter pen thinking I was going to be there a long time, in the end I didn't highlight very much at all.

We then had to submit the letter to Ofsted and waited for a phone call to say they were coming out to see us etc.

Imagine our suprise when within 3 weeks of submitting the request we got a letter saying that as on receipt of this letter you are now registered for Full Day Care!

Easy as that!

Sam