Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Need Some Inspriation Please

Hi right I hope you can help me for my last week planning at the job I am in, I have run out of ideas. I have only 3 days left before I leave but I need to plan for Monday to Friday.

I need to plan 2/3 activities for the 18 months to 3 years room and the 3 to 5/11 years room (which we are not even in that one!) I have 4 children aged between the ages of 18 months and 9 years old to plan for, with it being half term holidays. The topic is loosely based on weather and it is valenties day on Thursday so I need to plan for that day too. We seem to have limited resources being a very small setting with very little children in, no wonder I have run out of ideas.

Thank you if you can help before tommorow. Planning gets done on Mondays.

Beth

Beth, do I recall you had previously said that this setting has a good planning format which follows the child??

Seems strange you are planning for childre in a different room from you. Maybe are you looking for general ideas to fit with your topic and valentines day?

Is it your half term next week? In kent it's the week after.

Being half term, me personally I'd b very loose with planning and ask the children what they would like to do (the older ones anyway). Maybe do a limeric competition for the older ones based on valentines day. lots of cooking and creative designing with 'love' in mind. :o

Mind you, if the weather is like today, I'd be outside with the children as much as possible too. xD

Peggy

Beth, do I recall you had previously said that this setting has a good planning format which follows the child??

Seems strange you are planning for childre in a different room from you. Maybe are you looking for general ideas to fit with your topic and valentines day?

Is it your half term next week? In kent it's the week after.

Being half term, me personally I'd b very loose with planning and ask the children what they would like to do (the older ones anyway). Maybe do a limeric competition for the older ones based on valentines day. lots of cooking and creative designing with 'love' in mind. :o

Mind you, if the weather is like today, I'd be outside with the children as much as possible too. xD

Peggy

Thank your for the ideas. I may just choose to do activities outside, like what to get out then that means not having much planning to do.

Right at the moment I am working in the toddler room, we have no children above 3 years old so not using that room even the 2 holiday children will be down in the toddler room due to the amount of children to staff we have. I finish on Wednesday anyway, it will work out that I will have the 18 months and 2 1/2 years in all week as well as the 9 years old plus on other child in after I leave, so planning for such a wide age group is going to be fun. I may just do the same actvities in both rooms with the differing age groups at the bottom for the EYFS planning format.

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)