Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Classroom Furniture

Dear All,

Does anyone know of a company that supplies benches for children to sit/stand in order to reach the IWB? I know that I have seen them in another school, they have two platforms with storage trays and ottoman type storage.

The whiteboard in my classrom is placed at such a height where only I can reach the top, and I am 5ft 8!!. The children are only able to reach the bottom 3rd.

Thanks

Emma

Don't know where you get want you are looking for but we had a local carpenter 'knock' some up for us as each room required different heights lengths etc for placing of board or age and height of children in that class.

Thanks Biccy,

I had thought of this as we have a 'handyman', I just wanted to see if there was a picture that I could show him as he will often make what is easy, rather than what you want! Or better still, depending on the cost was going to see if we could buy one.

Our IWB is positioned at the lowest possible height and just right for most of our children, but the Year 1 board is quite high. Our caretaker (who would be the first to admit he's not wonderfully handy!) made a simple box platform for the children to stand on, and then fitted carpet over it so it can be stood on, or makes a good large seat. I think any handyman would be able to knock something up - though it doesn;t have any storage which would be useful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)