Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Assemblies For Nursery

Just wondered if anyone had any good ideas or resources for assemblies with Nursery children? I am a Nursery teacher in a primary school and have been given my date for our class assembly so need some ideas!!

Please! Any help would be great.

x

I also teach a Nursey class and had to do an assembly last year. I based it on the story of Mrs Wishy Washy. We had groups of children that were dressed up as the different farm animals and one little girl was Mrs Wishy Washy-her Mum made a wonderful costume. All of the animals wore different coloured t-shirts and we made special hats made from card to suit the animal. Great story. We then sung " Mrs Wishy Washy had a farm ee i ee i Oh"

I did a Goldilocks assessmbly last year with my class which went down really well.  We started by each child introducing themselves saying 'My name is . . . ' and holding up a large bright painted version of thier name.  We then acted out the story of Goldilocks - I scanned it in to the computer and recorded chn beforehand on a microphone doing the speaking parts of the story (I narrated it) and so some children acted this out as it was showing on the IWB.  I decided to record the children saying the voices beforehand rather than letting them say them on the day as after a few trial runs it became clear that children needed lots of prompting to remember when to speak so this was the less stressfull version for me. 

We sang 'When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears' and a number rhyme (5 brown teddies) I think.  We also had groups of children coming forward together and saying 'My favourite work has been  . . . ' and holding up something that we had made while looking at the topic of bears.  There were a few scary moments - I'd given a couple of the more confident children a very short speaking part but they both were too scared to say it with such a large audience so I had to say those instead. 

We all had our faces painted as bears (including the adults) so in the long pauses it didn't really matter as all the parents and children were too busy saying 'Aaaaar'.  I would say that acting out a story is a good starting point if your assembly does have to be a performance (mine does - and has to last half an hour :o ) and would also try to include a few songs and to show some work. I would also try to dress the children up/paint faces as this always goes down well with parents!

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)